Carlsbad Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you suspect a medical mistake harmed you or a loved one, consult with one of the Carlsbad medical malpractice attorneys at The Fine Law Firm. We know how traumatic a medical injury is and want to provide you with the compassionate and aggressive representation you deserve.
At The Fine Law Firm, our attorneys are:
- Successful in recovering compensation in 99% of negotiations and verdicts;
- Recognized for excellence by Martindale-Hubbell and Avvo; and
- Respected by our local legal community.
There is no upfront cost to work with one of our Carlsbad medical malpractice attorneys. Your best outcome is our goal. Call and schedule your free consultation at The Fine Law Firm today.
How a Carlsbad Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help You
Having a New Mexico medical malpractice attorney is essential in a medical malpractice claim. Pursuing a medical malpractice claim is a complex, expensive, and time-consuming process. A Carlsbad medical malpractice attorney from The Fine Law Firm will use their experience and knowledge to do the following:
- Investigate and research your claim;
- Gather all relevant evidence to support your claim;
- Hire any necessary experts in the medical and financial fields;
- Negotiate on your behalf for all of your financial and personal damages in addition to your medical losses; and
- If there is no acceptable settlement, take your case before a judge and jury.
Allowing your attorney to handle your legal issues will enable you to put more focus on your health. There are time limits to file your medical malpractice claim in New Mexico, so it is important to contact The Fine Law Firm today. We are eager to answer your questions and discuss your legal options.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when any medical professional deviates from the accepted standard of care when providing services to patients resulting in harm to the patient. The patient’s injury may be temporary or permanent. Often these medical mistakes cause lasting physical conditions and financial instability to their victims.
Medical malpractice law is an area of personal injury law designed to protect victims of medical mistakes and hold negligent medical professionals accountable for the injuries they inflict. Not all medical errors are malpractice. Only those in which a medical professional’s action or inaction directly caused a patient harm.
There are several types of medical malpractice claims. Many involve the following:
- Emergency room error;
- Defective medical devices;
- Delay or failure to diagnose a condition;
- Delay or failure to treat a condition;
- Laboratory errors;
- Administering the wrong medication;
- Anesthesia errors;
- Surgical infections;
- Birthing injuries;
- Failure to warn of medical risks; and
- Failure to get informed consent.
Compensation for Medical Malpractice
Victims of medical malpractice may seek compensation for both current and future medical and financial needs as well as non-economic recovery. Generally, compensation for medical malpractice includes items such as:
- All medical bills related to the injury;
- Rehabilitation costs;
- Home health costs;
- Mobility equipment and adaptive changes to the home;
- Nursing care and home health care;
- Lost income;
- Loss of future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Disfigurement; and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
At The Fine Law Firm, we believe no victim should pay for the mistakes of another. Medical professionals need held accountable for harm they cause patients. If you think a medical professional hurt you, call us today.
If you cannot travel to our office, we will send one of our medical malpractice attorneys to you. Your health is your most valuable asset. The Fine Law Firm wants to help you move forward and heal.