Albuquerque Car Accident Lawyer
The Fine Law Firm has practiced car accident law for over 40 years. We’ve gained recognition from various law organizations and achieved an elevated level of respect amongst those in the legal profession, through a focus on detail and close relationships with clients. It is our mission to achieve the best possible results for Albuquerque car accident victims.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in New Mexico, contact our Albuquerque car accident attorneys. We will review your case and help you with the next steps during a free, no-obligation legal consultation. Our lawyers have a proven track record, a 99% success rate, and unmatched levels of representation in the state. Call (505) 889-FINE to schedule your case review today.
Why Choose Us?
The Fine Law Firm is confident in being the right team of attorneys to take your serious injury car accident case. We treat clients like family, maintaining personal contact with them and offering candid advice as necessary. We also put clients’ interests above our own. If you’re searching for legal representation that puts best interests first, come to Fine Law Firm. Clients choose us for many reasons.
- We don’t recover money unless you receive compensation.
- Our client testimonials offer insight into the attention we bring to each case.
- Avvo rated our firm Superb (10/10) as a Top Attorney in Personal Injury
- Martindale-Hubbell gave us their highest rating.
- Our history of success demonstrates our dedication to both our clients and our craft.
The right accident lawyer can make your claim more manageable. Whether you want your claim to garner the highest possible verdict amount or your goal is to settle quickly and without fuss, we can help. The Fine Law Firm has provided exceptional legal representation to car accident victims since 1975. Choose us to assist you in seeking compensation for your car accident damages.
What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
A car accident lawyer from The Fine Law Firm can completely take over your car accident claim. This means determining who is the responsible party, communicating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, conducting settlement negotiations, carrying out complex legal processes, and making sure insurance companies don’t take advantage of clients. If a serious auto accident traumatically affected you or someone close to you, an Albuquerque accident lawyer can give you peace of mind during the claims process.
Hiring an accident lawyer can result in greater compensation for your damages. Rather than settling for less than your case is worth or allowing an insurance company to get away with unfairly denying your claim, take a stand and protect your rights. Retain an Albuquerque car accident attorney to represent your interests during settlement negotiations and/or a injury trial in New Mexico. Trusting professionals with your car accident case can safeguard your future after a serious personal injury accident.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Charge?
At The Fine Law Firm, clients don’t have to let an exorbitant attorney fee dissuade them from getting the professional help they need. We only charge attorney’s fees if we obtain a monetary award on our clients’ behalf. If we win, we keep our fees consistent at no more than 33% of the settlement. We pride ourselves on fair, honest legal representation in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Our car accident lawyers prioritize their clients’ interests on every case. We will reduce our fees if necessary for our clients to receive greater compensation than us. Since we deduct our percentage directly from the money we obtain for you, our fees never come out of your pocket.
Causes of Car Accidents
In 2016, the New Mexico Department of Transportation recorded 45,071 traffic crashes in the state. These car accidents injured almost 20,500 people and killed 405 others. Human error is the number one cause of car accidents throughout the country. Negligent, careless, and reckless drivers cause an average of over 120 car accidents per day in New Mexico. The top causes of car accidents in New Mexico according to crash data are driver inattention, failure to yield the right-of-way, following too closely, alcohol/drug involvement, and excessive speed.
Driving under the influence and speeding are the two top contributing factors in fatal New Mexico car accidents. All of these major crash factors come down to one common trend: human error. If a negligent or reckless driver caused your car accident or took a loved one’s life, act now. Contact our law firm for a free consultation. We can help determine the cause of your car accident and file a claim against the at-fault party.
Injuries Suffered in a Car Accident
Vehicle collisions are so devastating to those involved because of the immense kinetic forces the crash creates. The human body often cannot withstand the forces a car accident exerts upon it, resulting in a variety of serious personal injuries. In our decades of experience handling thousands of car accident claims, we’ve seen all injuries possible in a vehicle collision. We cover cases involving virtually all injury types. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures
- Severe burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
Many crash survivors suffer more than one type of injury. They may spend days or weeks in the hospital recovering from multiple injuries to different parts of the body. Some victims may never fully recover. Temporary and permanent disabilities are common after serious car accidents. Traumatic amputations, severe brain injuries, and spinal cord damage are some of the injury types that may affect a crash survivor for life. No matter what injuries you suffered in your car accident, contact us for help.
Types of Damages Victims Can Recover
With help from the lawyers at The Fine Law Firm, you could recover various damages relating to your physical, financial, and emotional losses. When someone else’s negligence takes things from you in a car accident, fight to get them back with help from our lawyers. We will review your case, gather evidence of your damages, and present a strong front as to why you deserve maximum compensation. You could be eligible to recover damages such as:
- Past and future pain and suffering. The New Mexico courts will assess your physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, and mental anguish relating to a major car accident. You may qualify for thousands of dollars in pain and suffering damages if your injuries are severe or permanent.
- Hospital bills and medical care costs. Your compensation award could cover 100% of your crash-related medical costs – both those you’ve already accumulated and expenses you’ll have in the future due to a disabling injury. Your lawyer can help you gather medical receipts and documents to calculate these damages.
- Property damage repair or replacement. You could recover a damage amount to cover the costs of vehicle repairs or replacement after a car accident. This amount will reflect the price of repairs or the pre-crash value of your vehicle. It could also cover the cost of a rental car while you wait for vehicle repairs.
- Lost wages. Fight to recover the financial losses you incurred from having to take sick days at work while you received medical treatment. You may be eligible for thousands of dollars in lost income and lost future earning capacity depending on the severity of your injuries and the impact it had on your ability to perform work.
- Punitive damages. The Albuquerque civil courts may award punitive damages if it deems the defendant’s actions grossly negligent, malicious, intentional, or wanton in their disregard for the safety of others. Punitive damages are most common in car accident cases involving excessive speeding, drunk driving, and serious or fatal victim injuries.
The amount you receive for your car accident claim depends on several factors, including the seriousness and permanency of your injuries, the actions of the defendant, and the skill of your attorney. Hiring an Albuquerque accident lawyer with years of experience and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts in his/her past can give you an edge during negotiations and is the best way to fight for maximum damage recovery in New Mexico.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Pay attention to the steps you take after a car accident. What you do now could determine the future outcome of your car accident case. First, protect yourself by receiving medical care for any injuries right away. Delaying medical care could tell an insurance company your injuries weren’t serious, or give them the ability to claim that you contributed to the extent of your injuries. Then, document your case. Gather important details such as:
- The name and contact information of the other driver
- The other driver’s insurance information
- Photographs of the scene of the accident
- Description of what happened
- Eyewitness information and accounts
- Medical records and receipts
- Police report number/copy of the report
The insurance company will need the details of your crash prior to settlement negotiations. How you build and present your case could impact the amount of your initial settlement offer. If you aren’t sure what to do after a car accident, or simply don’t want to deal with the legalities of your case on your own, hire an Albuquerque accident attorney from The Fine Law Firm. We can handle insurance claim litigation, personal injury case filing, and more on your behalf.
Contact Us Today
Attorneys Joseph M. Fine, David M. Fine, Mark D. Fine, and Charlotte Itoh can help you after a car accident in Albuquerque. We have the experience and resources to immediately begin working on your case, taking over conversations with insurance companies and fighting for fair compensation on your behalf. You don’t have to go through this alone. Contact our New Mexico personal injury attorneys to start your legal journey today. First consultations are always free and confidential. Contact us now at (505) 889-FINE.