Santa Fe Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury in Santa Fe, New Mexico
When you or a loved one suffer from injuries due to the negligent or reckless behavior of another person, let the compassionate personal injury attorneys at The Fine Law Firm seek justice on your behalf. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding results for fellow residents of New Mexico.
The Fine Law Firm Is:
- A locally and nationally recognized firm
- Deeply rooted in the community
- Proven successful with millions of dollars in recovery for clients
We will do everything within our power to help you rebuild your life and move past your injuries. Your consultation is free, and you will not pay any legal fees unless we win. Call The Fine Law Firm today to experience our personalized service and learn how we are different from other firms.
How a Santa Fe Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
While there are many reasons to have a personal injury attorney help with your injury claim, having an attorney aid in accident investigation, filing deadlines, and claim assessment and valuation is crucial. Most victims do not possess the resources, legal knowledge, and access to experts needed to meet these legal necessities.
From start to finish, The Fine Law Firm will guide you through the claims process, which may include the following:
- Determining who was at fault in the accident or incident
- Collecting evidence
- Meeting with accident experts to determine how the crash occurred
- Preparing for any meetings or hearings
- Gathering medical records and bills associated with the claim
- Meeting with medical and financial experts to assess medical and financial needs, both present and future
- Assisting you in submitting all paperwork when due
- Representing you at trial or in settlement negotiations
Do not unknowingly accept a lower settlement offer than you deserve. Call The Fine Law Firm right away to find out what your case is worth. We will give you an honest evaluation and fight for fair and just compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Claims in New Mexico
Accidental injuries and medical errors affect millions of people in the United States each year. Many of these injuries are preventable and leave victims with chronic pain and physical disabilities. Some of the most common personal injury claims in New Mexico are:
- Car accident claims. These are the most common personal injury claims in the United States. Most car accidents are due to driver negligence.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents may result in mild to severe injuries and cause victims lifelong injuries.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice, or negligence by a medical professional, arises from a healthcare professional’s failure to deliver competent care such as a surgical mistake, birth injury, misdiagnosis, or medication error.
- Workplace accidents. Workers may file workplace personal injury claims when hurt by the negligent acts of a third-party at the job site or during the performance of their job. Often these claims involve unsafe working conditions or malfunctioning equipment.
- Premises liability. Premises liability claims arise from accidents occurring on the property of another. They are the result of dangerous or hazardous conditions of which the victim is unaware.
- Product liability. When a defective product injures a consumer, the manufacturer is liable for the injuries.
- Dog bites. In New Mexico, owners are liable for injuries caused by their dog if the victim can prove the owner “should have known” the animal was dangerous.
Limits on Personal Injury Claims in New Mexico
New Mexico has set time limits for filing personal injury claims. A victim has three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury case in court. There are exceptions to the three-year rule for filing against a negligent government employee or agency and for late-onset of injuries.
New Mexico also places limits on damages a victim can receive for a personal injury claim if that victim was partially to blame. In New Mexico, the victim retains their percentage of fault. For example, if a victim is 10% at fault for an accident, that victim receives 90%, rather than the full 100%, of the damages.
There are limits on money damages in medical malpractice claims in New Mexico. New Mexico caps damages in medical malpractice cases at $600,000. This cap only applies to medical malpractice claims. It does not affect the amount of punitive damages or costs for past and future medical care a victim receives.
Call Our Legal Professionals
At The Fine Law Firm, our priority is our clients. When you retain our firm, we are available to you for answering questions and updating you about your claim. Schedule your free claim evaluation today and meet with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.