Santa Fe Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical Malpractice in Santa Fe, New Mexico
If you suspect medical malpractice injured you or a loved one, it is essential to speak with a Santa Fe medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. There are strict deadlines in New Mexico to file medical malpractice lawsuits, and building a medical malpractice lawsuit is a timely and complicated process.
The medical malpractice attorneys at The Fine Law Firm offer a free, confidential legal consultation to evaluate your claim and discuss all of your legal options for compensation. You will never pay for any costs to investigate your medical malpractice claim, or any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
You Can Turn To The Fine Law Firm For Medical Malpractice Attorneys Who Are:
- Experienced and well-regarded in the legal community
- Trial-prepared and ready to fight for you in negotiations and court
- Proven successful with a 99% recovery rate for our clients
Call today to schedule your meeting at The Fine Law Firm. We look forward to speaking with you.
How a Santa Fe Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help You
After a medical malpractice attorney reviews and accepts your claim, the legal team at The Fine Law Firm will begin building your medical malpractice case. We do this in the following ways:
- Obtaining and analyzing your medical records
- Consulting medical experts for reviews and recommendations
- Filing a medical malpractice lawsuit
- Demanding compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses
- Negotiating a fair and just settlement
- If there is no settlement, going to trial
At The Fine Law Firm, our medical malpractice attorneys work tirelessly to establish your medical and financial losses to ensure any settlement accounts for your current and future financial needs. Never accept a settlement offer without speaking with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. You could bar yourself from any additional recovery.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is treatment, or non-treatment, by a physician, or another healthcare professional, that deviates from the accepted standards of care in the medical profession resulting in an injury to a patient. An accepted standard of care is what a reasonably careful medical provider would do if faced with the same or similar circumstances.
A medical malpractice claim must show:
- The medical provider had a duty to provide care or treatment to a patient
- The provider breached this duty by failing to use the accepted standards of care
- The failure to use the accepted standards of care directly caused the patient’s injury
While not all medical errors are malpractice, there is an expectation that medical professionals are properly trained, fully equipped, and will not purposely neglect a patient’s needs.
Common Medical Malpractice Claims in New Mexico
Medical professionals do make mistakes and sometimes neglect their patients. There are several common types of medical malpractice, including:
- Surgical errors – such as operating on the wrong body part, using unsanitary operating tools, and leaving operating instruments inside the body
- Emergency room errors – when rushing causes a missed or improper diagnosis or medication error
- Diagnostic errors – including missed or incorrect diagnosis, and misread or misreported X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans that lead to a lack of treatment or improper treatment
- Medication errors – like administering the wrong drug, the wrong dosage, the wrong mix of medications, or writing illegible prescriptions
- Birth injuries – such as intracranial bleeding, cerebral palsy and other oxygen-deprivation injuries, and brachial plexus injuries and other types of nerve damage
- Medical equipment failure – when diagnostic, testing, imaging, surgery, and recovery machines are misused or fall into disrepair
Contact Us Today
At The Fine Law Firm, we know that medical professionals make preventable errors and put patients’ health and safety at risk. If you or a member of your family suffered injuries due to a medical error, call us in Santa Fe today. Our law firm has decades of experience representing victims and protecting their legal rights.
If you cannot come to our office, one of our attorneys will travel to you.