Hobbs Workplace Accident Attorney
When a workplace accident injures you or a loved one, you may file a workers’ compensation claim to help pay for any medical bills and lost wages. However, many workers do not receive the full amount of compensation they are due to workers’ compensation. Still, others qualify for a third-party personal injury lawsuit to cover additional damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress.
At The Fine Law Firm, our Hobbs workplace accident attorneys can help ensure you recover the maximum compensation available for your injuries. The attorneys at The Fine Law Firm are:
- Experienced and proven successful in workplace accident recovery;
- Proud to represent injured workers in New Mexico rebuild their lives; and
- Locally and nationally respected personal injury attorneys.
Contact our firm today and schedule your free, confidential claim evaluation. There is no risk to you. We will answer your legal questions and advise you of the best action for your situation.
How a Hobbs Workplace Accident Attorney Can Help
When you hire The Fine Law Firm, one of our Hobbs workplace accident attorneys will guide you through the complexities of an accident claim. Your attorney will review your claim, resolve any outstanding issues between you and your employer, and ensure you receive the maximum amount of benefits available under workers’ compensation.
Additionally, a workplace accident attorney from The Fine Law Firm will:
- Focus on your claim so you can focus on your health;
- Help you get a second medical opinion if needed;
- Ensure any responsible third-parties are held accountable for your injuries;
- Collect the evidence needed to build you a strong injury claim;
- Appeal any workers’ compensation denial; and
- Negotiate or take any third-party lawsuit to trial on your behalf.
The best way to protect yourself and get the compensation you deserve is to contact an experienced Hobbs workplace accident attorney. Call The Fine Law Firm today. There are no upfront fees, and we only get paid when you do.
Workers’ Compensation vs. Third-Party Claims
Workers’ compensation is a state-run program that typically covers only lost wages and medical expenses. State statutes limit these benefits. In most cases, workers’ compensation includes:
- Medical care;
- Temporary disability;
- Permanent disability; and
- Death benefits for the family of a worker.
While the workers’ compensation disallows suing one’s employer, it is a no-fault system that extends benefits and payment relatively quickly to injured workers. Filing for workers’ compensation does not prohibit a worker from filing a third-party personal injury claim.
A personal injury claim allows full compensation for all of the injury-related losses, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Immediate and long-term medical care;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Any out-of-pocket costs related to the injury;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Wrongful death.
Common Workplace Accidents
Injured workers may file a third-party workplace accident claim against anyone who causes them harm during their work-related activities, except for their employer. Third-party workplace accidents regularly involve:
- Building owners;
- Property managers;
- Commercial drivers;
- Subcontractors; and
- Product manufacturers.
According to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the following are some of the most common workplace accidents:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Slip, trip, and falls;
- Falls from heights;
- Power tool accidents;
- Heavy equipment and machinery accidents; and
To learn more about workplace accidents and your injury claim, call The Fine Law Firm. There are strict time limits to file both a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury claim in New Mexico. When these time limits expire, so do your chances for compensation.
Our attorneys are available by phone and appointment after hours and on weekends. If you cannot come to us, one of our workplace accident attorneys will travel to you. Let The Fine Law Firm provide you the help and guidance you need to get medically and financially on your feet again.