Hobbs Truck Accident Lawyer
If a commercial truck accident harmed you or a loved one, call the skilled attorneys at The Fine Law Firm. One of our Hobbs truck accident attorneys will review your claim for free and let you know what types of compensation are available for your injuries.
At The Fine Law Firm, our attorneys are:
- Experienced and knowledgeable regarding truck accident law;
- Aggressive when dealing with insurance companies and adjusters; and
- Tireless advocates who work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for the injuries and harm they cause.
Call The Fine Law Firm for your confidential claim assessment. One of our Hobbs truck accident attorneys will explain your legal rights to you and answer any questions you have about the claims process.
How a Hobbs Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
All vehicle accidents pose a risk for property damages and injuries. However, commercial truck accidents frequently involve more significant monetary damages and life-changing injuries. They also require knowledge of commercial vehicle rules and regulations.
At The Fine Law Firm, we deal with catastrophic injuries and commercial vehicle laws daily. One of our truck accident attorneys will use their experience to build your claim for accident compensation by:
- Determining any liable parties;
- Identifying the best legal strategy for your claim;
- Investigating your accident;
- Collecting any evidence and necessary documentation;
- Negotiating a settlement with a trucking company or insurance provider;
- If no settlement is possible, take your case to trial before a judge and jury.
Retaining a Hobbs truck accident attorney increases your chances of receiving compensation for your losses. Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only charge you legal fees when we win your claim. There is no risk to you, call The Fine Law Firm today!
Common Reasons for Truck Accidents
Strict safety rules and regulations govern the commercial trucking industry. Both the federal and state governments monitor truck drivers and trucking companies. However, truck accidents still happen, with most associated with some form of negligence.
Common reasons for truck accidents include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fatigue. Driver fatigue due to strict schedules and driving hours reduce reaction times and attention behind the wheel;
- Inattentive driving. Anytime a driver’s attention is off the road, the possibility of an accident increases. Inattentive driving includes texting, eating, using a GPS device, or any other distraction from driving;
- Drugs. Sometimes the pressures of staying awake and maintaining a tight schedule induces drivers to use or abuse drugs to keep them awake and driving. This includes overuse of legal drugs, such as caffeine, and use of illegal drugs, like methamphetamine;
- Failure to maintain the truck. Trucking companies are responsible for the upkeep of their fleet. However, truck maintenance removes a truck from the road and its ability to make money. Therefore, accidents can happen from unexpected breakdowns on the roadways;
- Defective equipment or parts. Faulty braking systems or steering columns from a manufacturer can directly result in deadly accidents for truck drivers and other drivers especially with trucks traveling at highway speeds; and
- Faulty or poor maintenance. Shoddy maintenance and repairs by ill-trained or rushed maintenance technicians can lead to deadly consequences for accident victims.
Truck Accident Injuries and Compensation
Truck accidents regularly cause catastrophic injuries to victims. These injuries are lifelong, devastating, and may require continuous treatment. Truck accident injuries may include:
- Head and brain injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis;
- Broken bones;
- Internal injuries; and
- Sometimes, death.
Every truck accident is unique. However, truck accident damages fall into the same categories as other personal injury damages. These categories are:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning potential;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Wrongful death.
To learn more about your truck accident claim and for an honest assessment of your claim value, call The Fine Law Firm today. Our New Mexico truck accident attorneys are compassionate and understanding of the struggles faced by accident victims. We want to help you and your family seek justice and get to the best sense of well-being possible.
Let The Fine Law Firm put our experience and determination to work for you immediately. Do not wait to start your claim. New Mexico places time limits on truck accident recovery.