Albuquerque Truck Accident Attorney
In 2017, 11 people in New Mexico lost their lives in semi-truck accidents. Around the nation, more than 3,800 people die in fatal large truck accidents each year. At The Fine Law Firm, we believe that just one death due to a truck driver or company’s negligence is too many. It is our mission to stand up for the rights of truck accident victims in Albuquerque, using decades of legal experience to our clients’ advantage.
If you or a family member has suffered injuries in an Albuquerque truck accident, contact us. First consultations come at no cost or obligation to hire our lawyers. We simply want to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction toward financial recovery. We can help you obtain compensation to cover your medical bills, property damages, lost wages, and more after a serious truck accident. Call today to schedule your free case review.
Why Choose Us?
At The Fine Law Firm, our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys bring more than a century of combined experience to the cases we represent. We’ve earned respect amongst the legal community by providing unmatched legal representation. Clients choose us for the following reasons, among others:
- We have years of experience in obtaining results for truck accident clients.
- We have the resources to go up against trucking companies and insurance corporations.
- We are dedicated to client satisfaction and their success.
- You pay no fees unless you receive compensation for your truck accident case.
- Our attorneys are available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- Our positive client reviews and top Avvo/Martindale-Hubbell ratings are evidence of both our success and dedication.
It’s critical to retain a truck accident lawyer you feel confident about representing your case. Your future financial stability could rely on the skill of your attorney. Obtaining a fair and full compensation amount takes advanced insurance settlement negotiations and the ability to take a case to court if necessary. We have everything you’re looking for and more in a truck accident law firm. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Do You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
It is very important to hire a lawyer for a truck accident case. Trucking companies have ample resources to fight a crash claim. It can be difficult as a victim to fight a trucking company’s insurer during the claims process. Accidents involving commercial vehicles are typically complex. They require in-depth knowledge to successfully navigate the legal system as a victim. An experienced New Mexico truck accident lawyer will identify the best course of action for your particular case, whether that’s investigating the collision or hiring experts to testify on your behalf.
Don’t let a trucking company insurer take advantage of you. Don’t admit fault for the crash, and don’t accept the first settlement offer you hear. Instead, consult with a lawyer about your recent truck accident and personal injuries. An attorney will give you an honest opinion about the value of your case and its potential merit before a personal injury court. At The Fine Law Firm, we believe negligent trucking companies and truck drivers should be accountable for their actions. Let us help your family obtain just compensation for your damages.
Different Types of Truck Accidents
Although every truck accident is unique, certain collision types are common when big rigs are involved. The shape, size, and makeup of a tractor-trailer results in unique crashes that are often catastrophic for passengers in smaller vehicles. Commercial trucks can exceed 80,000 pounds with heavy load permits, while the average weight of a passenger vehicle is 3,000 to 4,000 pounds. The size and weight disparity between the two vehicle types frequently contribute to the extreme nature of these crashes. Some of the most common crash types include:
- Underride accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Wide turn accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Blind spot/merge accidents
- Lost cargo loads
No matter what type of truck accident injured you in New Mexico, contact our firm. We have experience handling a wide range of commercial vehicle accident types. We have the power to achieve optimal results for accidents involving serious, catastrophic, and fatal injuries. Our lawyers can use the crash type to help determine the cause of the accident. A jackknife accident, for example, often stems from the truck driver using the wrong braking method downhill or around a corner.
Injuries Suffered in a Truck Accident
Injuries from a commercial truck accident can be life-changing. We have handled cases involving permanently disabling injuries, such as amputations and spinal cord injuries. We’ve also handled those affecting children, bicyclists, pedestrians, and other vulnerable parties. It is our duty to protect the rights of those with injuries from truck driver or company negligence. Our lawyers can go up against major trucking corporations to fight for fair compensation for clients with a number of serious injury types, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Rib and chest injuries
- Loss of limb
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Bone fractures and broken bones
- Severe burns
Past clients have come to us with permanent disabilities, paralysis, brain damage, scars, and disfigurement. We’ve secured outstanding results through hard work and commitment to justice. Regardless of your injury type, call our firm for a consultation. Although we successfully settle most cases without going to trial, we have the experience to take a trucking company to court if necessary.
Causes of Truck Accidents
One of the first steps toward obtaining compensation for your trucking accident is to determine the cause of your crash. Identifying the cause may take investigating the collision and collecting possible sources of evidence, such as the truck’s black box or eyewitness accounts of what happened. A lawyer from The Fine Law Firm can help with your crash investigation, as well as with discovering the cause of the collision. Five of the most common causes of New Mexico truck accidents are as follows:
- Truck driver mistake. Disobeying Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules, driving drowsy or distracted, speeding, driving drunk, or inattention to the road could all cause a serious collision. It is up the trucking company to properly train its drivers, and up to truck drivers to obey traffic laws.
- Lack of fleet maintenance. Commercial vehicles require daily inspections and frequent maintenance to operate as they should. Trucking companies and vehicle owners must maintain trucks regularly, scheduling repairs as needed. Truck drivers must fill out daily inspection reports. Lack of fleet maintenance could cause dangerous equipment breakdowns.
- Defective equipment. Parts malfunctions, such as tire blowouts or bad brakes, could stem from a lack of vehicle maintenance or a defective product. If it’s a defective product, the manufacturer could be legally responsible under the standards of New Mexico’s product liability laws. Otherwise, the trucking company could be liable for poor maintenance.
- Dangerous cargo loading. It is up to cargo loaders to obey all applicable FMSCA cargo securement rules and regulations. Ignoring the rules or cutting corners to save time could make for uneven weight distribution, loose tethers, or other hazards that could end in a serious truck accident.
- Unsafe roadways. Sometimes, a road defect such as a pothole, debris, construction zone, or malfunctioning traffic light causes a contributes to a truck accident. In these cases, the city of Albuquerque could be liable for failure to properly maintain its roadways. Claims against the government have tighter timeframes than other crash cases.
Contact us regardless of whether you know exactly who or what caused your truck accident. We can help. We will immediately investigate your crash, returning to the scene and hiring expert witnesses as necessary. Our truck accident lawyers have decades of experience investigating traffic accidents and finding out who is legally responsible. Once we fully understand the cause of your crash, we can move onto the next step: determining liability.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accidents
Liability refers to someone’s legal responsibility for a personal injury accident. The question of liability can be a difficult one to answer after a truck accident. Multiple parties may play a role, including the owner of the truck, the trucking company, the truck driver, a product manufacturer, the city, or a third-party driver. Many crash claims involve more than one at-fault party, such as trucking company and an automaker. Identifying the proper defendant in your insurance claim is critical to your ability to recover damages. Contact The Fine Law Firm for help.
Our lawyers can help you determine liability by investigating how your crash happened, who it involved, and who may be guilty of negligence or a breach of duty. We can then start building the elements of your personal injury or wrongful death claim, demonstrating that the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached this duty, and caused your preventable collision. Your lawyer will then file your personal injury claim against the defendant on your behalf, in pursuit of damage recovery.
Possible Recovery Damages
A successful truck accident case in New Mexico could mean fair compensation for all a victim’s related damages, past and future. The average case results in compensation awards for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. You could also be eligible for additional punitive damages if the courts find the trucking company or other defendant guilty of malicious intent or gross negligence. This could be the case if your crash involved a drunk truck driver, for example. Review our past case results for an idea of what your claim could be worth.
Contact Us Today
The Fine Law Firm has experienced Albuquerque accident attorneys ready to take your call. We prioritize communication with clients, always responding quickly to questions and consultation requests. We believe in honesty and transparency during the complex truck accident claims process. If you have questions about your case, would like to find out if you have grounds to bring a claim against a New Mexico trucking company, or want to talk to a lawyer about your rights, contact us online or call (505) 889-FINE.