Clovis Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you or a loved one suffer injury or death at the hands of a healthcare professional, you may be entitled to collect damages. The medical malpractice attorneys at The Fine Law Firm are available to evaluate your claim and help you pursue the compensation you are due.
The professionals at The Fine Law Firm are:
- Experienced New Mexico medical malpractice lawyers well-versed in personal injury law;
- Highly accomplished and recognized both nationally and locally for legal excellence; and
- Hard-working and ethical attorneys who offer clients honest opinions and case assessments.
Having served New Mexico for over forty years, The Fine Law Firm has the resources and knowledge to help you or your loved one get the legal and financial satisfaction you deserve. Your consultation is free, so call our medical malpractice attorneys today.
How a Clovis Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help You
Healthcare professionals generally mean well. However, mistakes sometimes happen that leave patients to deal with serious medical consequences. When your doctor, hospital, or medical provider causes you injuries, they should be held accountable for any costs of recovery and pain and suffering they inflict.
Hiring an attorney to handle your medical malpractice claim allows you to focus on your health and well-being and increases your chances of compensation exponentially. The Clovis medical malpractice attorneys at The Fine Law Firm will aid your claim by:
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding your injury;
- Determining the cause of your injury and any liable parties;
- Working closely with medical experts to build a strong case for your compensation;
- Demanding full compensation from any insurance companies and healthcare professionals liable for your injuries; and
- If negotiations fail, taking your claim to court before a judge and jury.
Call our law firm to discuss your medical malpractice claim today. If you are unable to come to our office, one of our Clovis medical malpractice attorneys will visit you.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when any medical professional deviates from the established and accepted standards of the medical community. The medical professional can be an organization, a single provider, or any of the following:
- Diagnostic imaging technicians;
- EMTs; and
- Medical device manufacturing companies.
Not all medical mistakes qualify as medical malpractice. A successful medical malpractice claim must show the following:
- A medical provider had a duty to provide care to the victim at the time of treatment;
- That care did not meet acceptable standards of the medical community for a medical provider with similar training and experience in the same or a similar situation; and
- The failure of the medical provider to provide acceptable care caused the patient’s injury and related medical complications.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical errors are more frequent than many patients realize. While many mistakes are harmless, others are serious, incapacitating, or even deadly. Some of the most common types of medical malpractice are:
- Birth injuries;
- Delayed or missed diagnosis;
- Failure to treat;
- Faulty medical devices;
- Prescription errors; and
- Surgical errors.
Compensation in a Medical Malpractice Claim
Compensation for a medical malpractice claim depends on the type and severity of the patient’s injuries and their diagnosis for recovery. Below are frequently awarded damages in medical malpractice cases:
- Reimbursement of medical expenses and award for future medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Loss of consortium;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Wrongful death.
The court could award punitive damages if a medical provider acted morally reprehensible in injuring their patient. The intent of punitive damages is to punish a defendant and discourage similar behavior in the future. If you want to learn more about compensation in a medical malpractice claim and your legal rights as a patient, contact The Fine Law Firm.
No one should struggle to pay for preventable medical injuries, call the New Mexico personal injury lawyers of The Fine Law Firm. New Mexico has strict time limits to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, so do not delay. Medical malpractice lawsuits are complicated and time-consuming, let The Fine Law Firm start yours as soon as possible.