Clovis Truck Accident Attorney
If a commercial truck accident injures you or someone you love, the consequences may be serious, lifelong, and costly. The Clovis truck accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm want to help you recover the maximum compensation available for your injuries and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable.
At The Fine Law Firm, our New Mexico truck accident attorneys are:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in trucking rules, regulations, and governing procedures;
- Devoted to our fellow residents of New Mexico and locally-recognized for legal excellence; and
- Proven successful in recovering millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Contact The Fine Law Firm to schedule a no-cost evaluation of your truck accident claim today. With more than forty years in New Mexico, we will guide you through the truck accident claims process and put you on the path to recovery.
What a Clovis Truck Accident Attorney Can Do for You
Truck accidents are different from other vehicle accidents, and truck accident victims benefit significantly from the assistance of a skilled truck accident attorney. The Fine Law Firm’s Clovis truck accident attorneys work tirelessly to investigate and pursue liable parties in truck accidents to get victims the compensation needed to cover financial losses, medical expenses, and other damages.
Truck accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm aid clients by:
- Identifying all potentially liable parties for the accident;
- Investigating any records and reports the truckers and motor carriers maintained;
- Accessing the truck wreckage and the truck’s Event Data Recorder, “black box,” record of the truck’s operations before the crash, along with other in-cab recording systems;
- Interviewing trucking company employees and third parties regarding operations that contributed to the accident;
- Seeking the assistance of needed accident reconstruction experts or forensic specialists;
- Negotiating any settlement(s) on your behalf; and
- Taking your case to trial when necessary.
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys working on their side. You need strong representation on your side too. Call The Fine Law Firm to learn more about our client services, benefits, and truck accident representation.
Common Reasons for Truck Accidents
The number one cause of truck accidents is truck driver negligence. Truck driver negligence may be simple inattention or something more sinister such as driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Either way, mistakes made in large commercial trucks have the potential to injure or kill those involved severely.
Common types of truck driver negligence include:
- Speeding. Speeding is the most frequent cause of truck accidents. Trucks are heavy and hard to stop. Speeding only serves to make stopping more difficult;
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving includes texting while driving, using the GPS, or anything that causes a truck driver to take their attention off of the road;
- Fatigued and drowsy driving. Truck drivers drive for long stretches to meet employer deadlines, sometimes in violation of federal trucking regulations;
- Drugged driving. Some truckers use stimulants like amphetamines, cocaine, and methamphetamine to stay awake and drive. Others may take prescribed or over-the-counter drugs with adverse reactions that impair driving ability;
Other parties that may be liable for truck accidents are the following:
- Cargo loaders. Improperly loaded or unsecured cargo may shift and cause a truck to rollover, jackknife, or lose control. A cargo spill may cause other drivers to wreck or spill hazardous materials into the environment or on people;
- Maintenance personnel or parts manufacturers. Truck accidents sometimes occur due to improper maintenance or defective parts or systems;
- Local governments or contractors responsible for roadways. Road construction or work zones that improperly set up may result in truck accidents.
Compensation for Truck Accidents
Truck accident injuries and damages tend to be more severe than other vehicle accidents, and trucking companies hold more substantial insurance policies. Therefore, compensation in truck accident claims is often higher than in other claims. However, the categories of compensation are the same as other personal injury claims and likely include:
- Medical bills, both present, and future;
- Property damage;
- Lost income;
- Lost earning capacity;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Wrongful death.
Victims should never pay for injuries caused by the negligence of another. Call the truck accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm for the legal backing, resources, and skill you need to succeed in your injury claim. We will explain your legal options and work aggressively to win recovery for you.