Farmington Truck Accident Lawyer
When you or a loved one suffer injuries in a commercial truck accident, call The Fine Law Firm. Our team of respected Farmington truck accident attorneys are locally and nationally recognized for excellence and waiting to help you.
At The Fine Law Firm, we are:
- Experienced in successfully handling difficult accident cases;
- Knowledgeable in the field of truck accident law as well as all federal and state trucking regulations; and
- Determined to fight for your legal rights and the full compensation you deserve.
Let one of our compassionate, intelligent truck accident attorneys review your claim and answer your legal questions. We will start on your claim immediately, and stay in regular contact with you regarding your claim’s progress. New Mexico sets time limits on filing truck accident claims, so call The Fine Law today.
How a Farmington Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
Truck accident claims are more complex than car accident claims. There are more injuries in truck accidents, and their severity is greater. Truck accidents also involve more potentially liable parties. When a Farmington truck accident attorney from The Fine Law Firm steps in, we will:
- Collect all the evidence related to your crash such as the accident reports, witness statements, trucker logs, and black box data;
- Identify and pursue all liable parties;
- Ensure you receive proper medical treatment;
- Hire medical and financial experts to evaluate your injury and its costs;
- Aggressively fight for the maximum settlement possible; or
- Take your case to trial.
At The Fine Law Firm, we will stand beside you from start to finish. Do not wait to get your legal claim started. Contact us with your questions and concerns now.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents involving passenger cars are always dangerous and sometimes deadly events. Commercial trucks regularly carry cargo that is hazardous to accident victims and other drivers near the scene. Trucking companies and drivers must follow regulations regarding driving hours, routine vehicle maintenance, cargo loading, and numerous other operations.
Truck drivers and companies sometimes overlook regulations and safety protocols to keep profits high and cargo moving. This leads to truck accidents and injuries. Some of the more common reasons for truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue;
- Distracted driving;
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Driving too fast for conditions;
- Overloaded or improperly loaded cargo;
- Vehicle defects or faulty vehicle parts;
- Lack of driver training; and
- Inadequate maintenance.
Liability for Truck Accidents
There are so many moving parts and parties involved in the operation, loading, and maintenance of a commercial truck that it is sometimes difficult to identify the party liable for the crash. Often there is more than one at-fault party in a truck accident. Any of the following parties may be liable in a truck accident:
- The truck driver;
- The trucking company;
- The owner of the truck or trailer;
- The cargo loader;
- The maintenance provider; and
- The vehicle manufacturer or parts maker.
Each party involved in putting a commercial truck on the road is a separate entity with its responsibility for the safety of others.
Truck Accident Compensation
Due to the sheer weight and size of commercial trucks, accidents involving passenger cars and commercial trucks tend to result in serious injuries. These injuries may require lifelong medical care, loss of a career, and lifestyle changes. The goal of compensation in a truck accident claim is to make the victim whole again or as close to their condition before the accident as possible.
Although every truck accident is different, compensation for injuries generally includes:
- All accident-related medical costs, including future medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning potential;
- Property damages;
- Pain and suffering; and
- If applicable, wrongful death compensation.
At The Fine Law Firm, our New Mexico truck accident attorneys will explain the different types of compensation available for your particular injury claim and your potential for recovery. We understand the challenges faced after a truck accident and want to take any legal pressure off of you so you can focus on healing. Our consultation is free, and there is no charge for our services unless we recover compensation on your behalf.