Gallup Premises Liability Lawyer
If you suffer injuries while visiting a private home or business, call and discuss your accident with The Fine Law Firm. You could be due compensation for any injuries and personal losses. The Gallup premises liability attorneys at The Fine Law Firm help victims hurt by the negligence of others and want to fight for your legal rights.
The attorneys at The Fine Law Firm are:
- Experienced and skilled in all areas of premises liability law;
- Aggressive in securing compensation for our clients; and
- Proud to give clients the individual care and attention they deserve.
It is important to hold negligent property owners responsible for injuries they cause. Call The Fine Law Firm today to schedule a free claim evaluation and learn more about your legal options. One of our Gallup premises liability attorneys will gladly answer your questions and honestly assess your claim.
How Can a Gallup Premises Liability Attorney Help Me?
A Gallup premises liability attorney, like those at The Fine Law Firm, will work diligently to build and prove your accident claim. Your attorney will stand by your side, answer your questions, and guide you throughout the premises liability claims process from start to finish.
At The Fine Law Firm, our premises liability attorneys will:
- Collect and review all of the accident evidence;
- Interview witnesses;
- Assess your medical and personal losses;
- Hire any needed experts;
- Negotiate with the insurance companies;
- Work to settle your claim for maximum compensation; and
- Take your case to trial if a full and fair settlement is unavailable.
Building a proper premises liability claim takes time, and New Mexico places time limits on filing your accident claim. You must reach out to an experienced premises liability attorney to begin your claim investigation today.
What is a Premises Liability Claim?
Premises liability is a type of personal injury law. Many claims fall under the scope of premises liability. The intention behind premises liability is to hold property owners and possessors liable for failing to fix or post warnings about dangers on their property that cause injuries to invited visitors on the property.
To win a premises liability claim, one must prove that the property owner or possessor knew of the dangers beforehand but failed to take action to repair the risks. One must also prove they belong to a classification of visitors entitled to some duty of care by the property owner.
Visitors fall into three classifications: invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
- Invitees. Invitees enter the property at the invitation of the owner. They are on the property for the property owner’s advantage and are owed a premises safe and free of danger;
- Licensees. Licensees are on a property with the explicit or implied consent of the owner. Property owners owe licensees the duty of disclosing hidden dangers; and
- Trespassers. Trespassers enter a property without permission, and generally, property owners owe them no duty of care.
Child trespassers make up a potential fourth classification of visitors to the property. There are situations where property owners may be liable for injuries children incur on their premises.
Common Causes of Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability claims often arise from poor property maintenance, improperly maintained premises and negligent security. Common causes include:
- Loose floor tiles and carpeting;
- Uneven pavement and potholes;
- Poor placement of merchandise on shelves;
- Malfunctioning elevators and escalators;
- Dimly lit hallways and stairwells;
- Improperly fenced worksites; and
- Failure to secure swimming pools.
When one of these or any other property hazard causes you harm, first seek appropriate medical care. Then contact a knowledgeable and experienced New Mexico premises liability attorney like ours at The Fine Law Firm. There is never a charge to discuss your claim with one of our attorneys.
If you cannot come to our office, let us know, and one of our attorneys will travel to you. The Fine Law Firm tirelessly pursues justice and full compensation for the injured. There is no financial risk to you, so call today.