Gallup Workplace Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffer a workplace accident in Gallup, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation, third-party compensation, or both for your injuries. Medical treatment and time off work for injuries are expensive, and The Fine Law Firm can help ensure your employer or any other liable party pays for your expenses.
The Gallup workplace accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm are:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in both workers’ compensation and personal injury law;
- Trial-ready at all times; and
- Compassionate and understanding of the problems faced by injured workers.
Our Gallup workplace accident attorneys want to make sure you get the best medical care available and inform you of every option available to you through both workers’ compensation and personal injury law. Call The Fine Law Firm today to schedule a free claim assessment.
What Can a Gallup Workplace Accident Attorney Do to Help Me?
Workplace accident attorneys are a vital asset when facing large insurance companies and state benefits systems. There are multiple deadlines and extensive paperwork associated with workplace accident claims and benefits. Our Gallup personal injury attorneys work with these complexities every day in assisting their clients.
A workplace accident attorney from The Fine Law Firm will help you through every stage of your claims process. This may include any of the following:
- Your initial workers’ compensation filing;
- Any workers’ compensation claim denials;
- Fighting for all of the benefits possible under workers’ compensation;
- Building a case for disability if needed;
- Protecting you from employer retaliation or discrimination;
- Filing any third-party personal injury lawsuit;
- Negotiating any third-party settlement; or
- Pursuing a third-party in court.
The Fine Law Firm never charges any upfront fees, and only gets paid when we win your claim. Take the next step in getting the compensation you and your family deserve. Call The Fine Law Firm today.
New Mexico Workers’ Compensation and Third-Party Claims
Serious workplace accidents may cause life-altering injuries and leave victims unable to perform their accustomed jobs or work at all. Workers’ compensation benefits provide most of a victim’s medical costs and a portion of lost wages but do not fully cover a victim’s personal losses.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding a workplace accident, a worker may seek compensation from a third-party personal injury lawsuit in addition to a worker’s compensation claim. A third-party claim is available when a victim’s injuries were partially due to the fault of someone other than the victim’s employer.
Third-parties can include:
- Manufacturers of defective tools, equipment, or toxic substances;
- A driver not employed by the same company;
- The property owner; and
- A contractor or subcontractor on a job site.
An experienced workplace accident attorney can review an injury claim and identify any potential third-party liability.
Common Workplace Injuries
Workplace injury discussions often bring inherently dangerous workplaces such as construction sites and chemical plants to mind. However, even office environments are the site of debilitating or even deadly workplace accidents.
Some of the more common workplace injuries are:
- Eye injuries;
- Hearing loss;
- Skin disorders;
- Respiratory diseases or conditions;
- Knee and ankle injuries;
- Neck, shoulder, and back injuries;
- Head trauma;
- Crushing injuries; and
- Workplace violence.
What To Do After a Workplace Accident
There are ways to secure one’s legal and medical rights in the event of any workplace accident. In the event of an accident, it is essential to:
- Immediately stop working and report the injury to a supervisor;
Seek medical treatment;
- Follow all doctor’s recommendations and attend follow-up care; and
- Do not give a formal statement, sign any paperwork, or accept any settlement without speaking to an experienced workplace accident attorney first.
You must speak to a workplace accident attorney before making any arrangements with or accepting any settlement from your company. A skilled attorney can evaluate your claim and give you an estimate of the financial and medical damages you are likely to incur at present and in the future. First offers from insurance companies rarely cover the full amount of a victim’s expenses.
Contact Our Gallup Workplace Accident Attorneys Today
If you have questions about your Gallup workplace accident, workers’ compensation, or the possibility of a third-party lawsuit, contact our injury attorneys at The Fine Law Firm today. One of our workplace accident attorneys will gladly take the time to speak with you and evaluate your claim. Never sign away your rights to further compensation without consulting an accident professional.