Las Cruces Workplace Accident Attorney
Workplace Accidents in Las Cruces, New Mexico
If you are hurt at work, contact an experienced Las Cruces workplace accident attorney, like those at The Fine Law Firm, for assistance and advice on filing a proper work accident claim. Our attorneys will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and give you sound guidance.
The Workplace Accident Attorneys At The Fine Law Firm Are:
- Skilled and respected Las Cruced workplace accident attorneys
- Local attorneys with more than forty years of combined practice
- Genuinely caring and concerned about your health and well-being
We want to help you move forward with your life. Contact the New Mexico personal injury lawyers of The Fine Law Firm today for your free, confidential consultation.
How Can a Workplace Accident Attorney Help My Claim?
Workplace accident claims can overwhelm injured workers. These claims are complicated and require detailed knowledge of legal rules and court procedures and meeting strict filing deadlines. The workplace accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm will handle your legal issues, including:
- Investigating the cause of the workplace accident
- Gathering witness statements
- Consulting with experts to assess your injuries
- Identifying all sources of liability
- Negotiating any third-party settlements
- Pursuing your case at trial, if necessary
Call The Fine Law Firm to learn more about how we could help with your workplace injury claim. We never charge any upfront fees and are not paid until we win.
Types of Workplace Accident Claims
Workers have the right to claim workers’ compensation benefits from their employers for work-related injuries. They may also qualify for a third-party claim when injured at work by a party unrelated to their employer.
The workers’ compensation system prevents you from suing your employer after a work-related injury. In return, workers’ compensation benefits pay for medical care and a portion of lost wages regardless of fault for the injury.
Workers’ compensation does not provide full wage loss or pain and suffering. However, a third-party personal injury lawsuit offers for both. This may allow a victim to recover the compensation needed to recover from workplace accidents losses fully.
A third-party in a workplace accident claim could include the following:
- Equipment manufacturers
- Construction site owners
- General contractors
- Negligent drivers
An injured worker may file both a third-party personal injury claim and a workers’ compensation claim. Unlike workers’ compensation, fault does matter in a third-party lawsuit. To win a third-party claim, an injured victim must prove:
- There was a workplace accident
- The third party owed the worker a duty of care
- The third party failed in that duty
- The worker sustained injuries
- The workplace accident caused those injuries
Some common scenarios allowing third-party claims in a workplace accident include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. A third party causes a crash with an employee-driven work vehicle.
- Construction site accidents. A general contractor fails to ensure safe conditions on a worksite, and a worker is injured.
- Premises liability. A worker is injured on someone else’s property by a hazard the property owner knew about.
- Defective equipment. Defective or heavy equipment fails and injures a worker.
- Toxic substances. A substance such as asbestos, lead-based paint, or poisonous fumes injures a worker.
When you suffer a workplace accident injury, workers’ compensation benefits may be easy to access. However, you may still want to speak with a skilled New Mexico workplace accident attorney, like those at The Fine Law Firm, to ensure you receive all of the benefits you are due under workers’ compensation. If you suspect a third party is responsible for your injuries, speak with an attorney immediately.
Contact The Fine Law Firm For Assistance
The Las Cruces workplace accident attorneys at The Fine Law Firm want to help you get the compensation you need and deserve to recover and move on with your life. Call our office today and free yourself from the legal burden of your claim.