Las Cruces Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical Malpractice in Las Cruces, New Mexico
If you or your loved one suffered injuries due to a medical mistake or misdiagnosis, call the attorneys at The Fine Law Firm. We are a local law firm offering victims of medical malpractice the compassionate and quality representation they deserve. We will review your medical malpractice claim for free and let you know if you qualify to recover compensation for your injuries.
The Fine Law Firm has a proven record of success in winning compensation for our clients.
Our Attorneys Will:
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Put your goals and best interests first when working your claim
- Stand up to large insurance companies and corporations to ensure you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries
The Fine Law Firm is locally respected and nationally recognized as a top law firm. We maintain a reasonable fee system and never charge upfront costs. Call us today to learn more.
What Can a Las Cruces Medical Malpractice Attorney Do for Me?
Medical malpractice claims are by far some of the most complex cases to settle or try before a court. It is crucial to speak with a medical malpractice attorney, like ours, at The Fine Law Firm, before deciding what legal route is best for your circumstances.
The medical malpractice attorneys at The Fine Law Firm will do the following:
- Evaluate your claim and all possible complications
- Ascertain the approximate value of your claim for negotiations
- Identify all potentially liable parties before a settlement or trial
- Aggressively represent you in settlement talks
- Ensure any legal filings are on time
- Present your case before a judge and jury at trial if a settlement is unsuccessful
Medical malpractice attorneys help ensure you fully recover the damages owed to you by a negligent medical provider. If you already have a settlement offer, be sure an experienced medical malpractice attorney reviews your offer before you reach an agreement. You may sign away your right to recover additional compensation to which you are entitled.
What is Medical Malpractice?
The majority of medical professionals have only the best intentions for their patients. However, their mistakes harm patients every day.
To consider a medical mistake as medical malpractice, a victim must prove the medical professional was negligent. In other words, the medical professional made a preventable mistake, and that mistake caused the victim’s injury.
There are numerous medical malpractice claims. Some of the more common claims include:
- Medication errors, such as under or over-prescribing medication
- Misdiagnoses or delayed diagnoses
- Birth injuries
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Gestational diabetes
- Radiation injuries
- Emergency room errors
- Cosmetic surgery errors
- Infections acquired in hospitals
- Wrongful death
Who is Liable for Medical Malpractice?
A single medical treatment may involve many medical professionals or facilities, any of which may fail to perform up to the proper standards of treatment or neglect to perform their duties at all. Malpractice claims may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Doctors, such as primary care physicians, surgeons, psychiatrists, dentists
- Anesthesiologists, paramedics, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical therapists
- Treatment facilities like hospitals, surgery centers, clinics, labs, nursing homes, assisted living centers, hospices, and urgent care centers
- Health maintenance organizations and insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies and device manufacturers
When liability in a medical malpractice claim is proven, compensation typically contains the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Get In Touch With Our Skilled Legal Team Today
If you suffered injuries at the hands of a medical provider and want to learn more about your available legal options, call The Fine Law Firm. We have a 99% case success rate and are available to our clients twenty-four hours a day. Schedule your consultation today, and have your legal questions answered.