Rio Rancho Premises Liability Lawyer
Premises Liability in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
If you or a family member suffer injuries from unsafe conditions on another person’s property, call The Fine Law Firm today. You should never pay for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. Let our Rio Rancho premises liability attorneys help you collect the compensation you deserve.
The Fine Law Firm Is:
- An established, multi-generational firm in New Mexico
- Built on its ties with the community
- Recognized for excellence both at the state and national levels
We will fight to ensure you receive fair treatment and just compensation for your injuries. Call us to discuss your avenues for recovery. At The Fine Law Firm, we never charge for a confidential consultation.
What Can a Rio Rancho Premises Liability Attorney Do for Me?
The time after a premises liability accident is stressful and confusing. Having the legal support you need makes a world of difference in moving forward with your life. Premises liability cases are complex and challenging for injured victims.
The Rio Rancho premises liability attorneys at The Fine Law Firm will help you prove and defend your claim against the property owner and their insurance company by:
- Collecting the needed evidence to build and protect your claim
- Handling all correspondence with the property owner’s insurance company
- Negotiating and obtaining a fair settlement offer for your losses
- Litigating your case in court, if necessary, to get you the results you deserve
Never trust the insurance company to make you a settlement offer that is in your best interests. They are a business concerned with keeping their costs low and settling claims quickly. Call the attorneys at The Fine Law Firm and speak with an experienced New Mexico premises liability attorney before taking any action.
What is Premises Liability?
In a premises liability claim, an injured victim must prove the property owner was negligent in their duty to exercise reasonable care and maintenance of their property. Further, the victim must show the property owner knew or should have known, that the property was unsafe, and failed to take proper steps to remedy the situation. The failure of this duty needs to result in the victim’s injuries.
However, property owners do not owe all visitors on their property the same treatment. There are three types of visitors to a property: invitees, licensees, and trespassers. Each of these is treated differently under the law.
- Invitees. The property owner or occupier invites these visitors onto the property. Invitees include customers at a business open to the public. Property owners must provide safe premises and warn invitees of any hidden dangers
- Licensees. Licensees have the express or implied consent of the owner to enter the property for a business or social purpose. These include social guests and volunteers. Property owners owe licensees the duty to warn them of known dangerous conditions
- Trespassers. Property owners do not owe a duty to trespassers. However, some legal exceptions apply to children
Common Premises Liability Claims
The most common premises liability claim is a slip and fall. However, several other types of premises liability accidents happen every day, including:
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites
- Amusement park accidents
- Exposure to toxic fumes or chemicals
- Assault due to inadequate security
- Escalator and elevator accidents
- Flooding and water leaks
- Defective conditions on the property
- Hazards due to inadequate maintenance
Injuries on another person’s property are often severe and require costly medical care, time off work, lost wages, and pain and suffering. It is crucial to speak with a premises liability attorney right away because property owners may repair hazardous conditions quickly, and evidence fades with time.
Reach Out To Us Today
The Fine Law Firm has experienced and successful New Mexico personal injury attorneys ready to take on the insurance company for you even if that means going to trial. We want you to recover all of the compensation possible and urge you to compare our fee structure to other local firms. Contact us today to learn more.