Carlsbad Truck Accident Lawyer
When a truck accident injures you or someone you love, The Fine Law Firm can help. Commercial truck accidents require skilled and experienced Carlsbad truck attorneys to ensure you receive the compensation you need to recover.
At The Fine Law Firm, our truck accident attorneys are:
- Aggressive advocates who fight for your legal rights and full and fair compensation;
- Prepared and trial-ready at all times to prove your claim; and
- Compassionate and understanding of your concerns and frustrations.
Let a Carlsbad truck accident attorney at The Fine Law Firm answer your questions and evaluate your accident claim at no charge. Call our office today to schedule your appointment. If you cannot come to us, one of our attorneys will travel to you.
How Can Carlsbad Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
A truck accident attorney, like ours at The Fine Law Firm, takes great care and concern to build a strong legal claim on your behalf. A solid case helps ensure you get the maximum compensation available for your accident claim.
In order to build your claim, your truck accident attorney will:
- Conduct a thorough accident investigation;
- Determine the cause and at-fault parties for your accident;
- Collect any physical evidence and witness testimony, including the truck’s black box recorder; and
- Consult any necessary medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts.
While most claims settle outside of court, your truck accident attorney will file a lawsuit and proceed to trial if there is no fair settlement offer. Truck accident claims should start immediately after the accident to preserve any evidence and witness recollections. It is vital to your claim to contact a truck accident attorney today.
Types of Commercial Truck Accidents
Commercial truck accidents result in loss of life, severe injury and disability, and massive property damage. The average passenger vehicle weighs around 3,000 pounds. While a commercial truck can weigh between 10,000 pounds for light-duty and 33,000 pounds for heavy-duty purposes.
Several vehicles qualify as commercial trucks, including but not limited to:
- Cargo trucks
- Fuel trucks;
- Flatbed trucks;
- Large delivery vans;
- Dump trucks;
- Moving vans; and
Truck accidents take different forms than car accidents. Commonly seen truck accidents include the following:
- Jackknife accidents. A jackknife accident occurs when the truck trailer swings out to the side of the truck cab causing one, or multiple collisions;
- Dropped loads. Improperly loaded cargo may come loose from the truck trailer, spill onto the roadway and other vehicles, and cause an accident or multiple accidents;
- Rollovers. A truck rollover is the result of driver loss of control. This causes the truck cab and trailer to fall over on its side and roll from one side to the other; and
- Blindspot accidents. Trucks have multiple blind spots where the driver cannot see the road or other vehicles on the road.
Reasons for Commercial Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks travel the nation’s highways every day. While a number of factors may contribute to any one truck accident, among the most cited are:
- Driving drowsy;
- Driving inappropriately for the conditions;
- Unfamiliar roads;
- Inattentive driving;
- Aggressive driving;
- Improper truck maintenance;
- Failure to maintain truck;
- Failure to train driver; and
- Failure to properly secure cargo.
Liability in a Truck Accident
Liability is not always easy to determine in a truck accident. Multiple parties are potentially at-fault, including:
- The truck driver or operator;
- The trucking company;
- The truck owner or trailer owner;
- The cargo loader;
- The maintenance technician;
- The vehicle manufacturer; and
- The vehicle parts or systems manufacturer.
Every one of these parties has an insurance provider and team of attorneys working to clear their client of any blame and save money on payouts to victims. That is why it is crucial to contact a truck accident attorney as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
At The Fine Law Firm, we want to help you understand all of your legal options and ensure you get the compensation you need to cover not only your current medical expenses but also any future accident-related needs. We do not charge any upfront fees and are only paid when we win your claim. Call today to schedule your risk-free consultation. We also serve clients in Santa Fe, Farmington, Roswell, Hobbs and more.