Albuquerque Surgical Error Lawyer
Getting surgery is daunting enough without the possibility of a surgeon making a careless mistake while you’re on the operating table. Unfortunately, medical malpractice during surgeries is a very real risk to patients in New Mexico. If you believe that you or a loved one is a victim of a preventable surgical error during an operation in Albuquerque, please contact The Fine Law Firm for a free medical malpractice consultation with an attorney. We can let you know if your case has merit and how we can help you and your family recover from this wrongdoing.
Why Choose Us
- We have a success rate of 99 percent. Our lawyers use proven and personalized legal strategies to achieve the best possible results for each client.
- Our medical malpractice attorneys are trial-tested and prepared to take any case to court, if necessary. We don’t back down from a fight on behalf of our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you won’t pay your Albuquerque surgical error lawyer unless he or she wins your case.
When Is a Surgical Error Medical Malpractice?
All surgeries come with risks. There is always the risk that something might go wrong during an operation, resulting in patient injury or death. What a patient does not sign up for is the risk of a surgeon or surgical team making a negligent mistake during an operation. Doctors and surgeons are held to extremely high standards when it comes to patient care. If a surgeon falls short of these standards during an operation, the patient can suffer serious injuries.
A violation of the medical industry’s standards of care by a health care professional, resulting in patient harm, is known as medical malpractice. Examples of surgical errors that constitute medical malpractice in Albuquerque include:
- Unnecessary surgery
- Lack of informed patient consent
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Incorrect surgery performed
- Wrong-site surgery (making an incision in the wrong spot)
- Patient mix-ups
- Nicked arteries
- Damaged nerves
- Making mistakes under pressure
- Leaving foreign objects in the body cavity
- Poor post-op or follow-up care
- Premature patient discharge
If you or a loved one suffered any type of injury, illness or infection related to a surgery that you believe would not have occurred had your surgeon used an appropriate level of care or prudence, consult with our attorneys about a potential medical malpractice lawsuit. We can search for evidence of malpractice, such as testimony from a surgeon in a similar practice confirming that he or she would have done something differently to prevent the harm that you suffered.
If your lawyer can prove medical malpractice, the surgeon and/or hospital involved in your case may be financially responsible for your related losses. You may be able to hold a surgeon individually liable if he or she was an independent contractor. However, the hospital or surgical center may be vicariously liable if the physician in question was an employee. A successful settlement or jury verdict in New Mexico can result in payment for the following losses:
- Your related medical expenses
- Any necessary revision surgeries
- Medications and medical devices
- Long-term symptoms or disability
- Losses of income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries and psychological trauma
- Legal fees
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Punitive damages
The value of your surgical error lawsuit in Albuquerque will depend on your exact losses and the level of your injuries. It is important to work with an attorney to recover fair financial compensation from the defendant, as insurance companies often try to devalue serious injuries to save themselves money. An attorney can protect your best interests during the claims process.
Contact an Albuquerque Surgical Error Lawyer Today | Free Consultations
For more information about surgical errors and your right to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit, contact the Albuquerque personal injury attorneys at The Fine Law Firm. We can help you understand and protect your rights in the fight for justice against a surgeon, health care center or another party. Request a free consultation today by contacting us online or calling (505) 889-3463.