Albuquerque Electrocution Accident Attorney
An electrocution accident often leads to serious injury, or, in the worst-case scenario, death. These can present a substantial financial and emotional burden to the victim or his or her family. If you or a loved one suffered injuries resulting from an electrocution, contact the Albuquerque personal injury attorneys at Fine Law Firm today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Why Choose Us?
Families throughout the greater Albuquerque area choose Fine Law Firm for their legal needs for several reasons:
- We have more than 40 years of experience successfully representing victims of personal injury, including electrocution, with a 99% success rate.
- We prioritize the needs of our clients over our own. We never take more than 33% of a settlement and reduce our fees when necessary to ensure your compensation is more than ours.
- We offer our services on a contingency-fee basis — we only collect fees if we are able to secure a settlement for our clients.
- As trial-tested lawyers, we don’t feel intimidated by anyone in the courtroom and will take a case to trial if necessary.
Why Do You Need an Electrocution Accident Lawyer?
Electrocutions involve serious, life-threatening, or otherwise debilitating injuries or death. As such, they often involve high damage amounts stemming from extensive medical bills and lost wages. An Albuquerque electrocution accident attorney can help you evaluate the full worth of your claim and demand compensation from those responsible.
Additionally, pursuing a claim involves negotiation with the defendant’s insurance company. An attorney will not settle for an offer that is too low, and will make sure that the settlement appropriately reflects the extent of your family’s economic and non-economic damages.
Causes of Electrocution
Electrocution is often the result of negligence, no matter how it occurs. Some of the most common causes of electrocution include:
- Faulty wiring, which may result from negligent installation or maintenance
- Downed power lines
- Frayed wiring or extension cords
- Lightning strikes
- Negligently maintained or defective appliances
Who Is Liable?
Determining liability in an electrocution involves complex matters of state or federal law, and is the most important step in your personal injury case. For example, electrocutions involving a defective product may involve the manufacturer or the retailer of the product. Electrocutions sustained on a rental property may be the fault of the property’s owner. Injuries sustained from a downed power line may involve a municipal body or utility company.
An Albuquerque electrocution accident attorney can help you determine who is responsible for your injuries and hold them accountable for the economic and non-economic losses you suffered.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Victims of electrocution may be able to collect several types of damages under New Mexico law.
- Economic, or special, damages compensate the victim for the measurable costs of the accident. These include medical bills, lost wages, the expected costs of continued therapy or treatment, loss in earning capacity, and more. A wrongful death stemming from an electrocution may also include compensation for final expenses such as the funeral and burial.
- General damages reimburse the victim for the intangible losses that stem from the accident. Examples include physical pain, emotional anguish, suffering, and loss in life quality. When an electrocution leads to a wrongful death, these may also include loss in partnership or consortium.
Contact Us Today
An electrocution can lead to serious injuries that take a financial and emotional toll on the entire family. If you or a loved one suffered harm in an accident, contact the Fine Law Firm today to discuss your legal options in a free case evaluation. Let us hold the responsible party accountable and demand compensation for the harm you suffered.